Wednesday 16 May 2012

Block replant preparation

End of an era for this block. I planted these trees with my father in 1984.
Change is constant.









Bulldozer removing trees and stacking ready for burning.



Ripping of ground to remove tree roots.






Last old tree to go.


Removing roots after dozer work.
My son Mark and I





Making root stacks to burn.






Hard, Thirsty Work!



This is the fertiliser I will start with.






Applying fertiliser along new tree rows.






Ripping and Harrowing, after fertiliser application.








Laying some irrigation pipe.




  


Burning stacks of trees.

 


Young cherries planted 2010







 Apricot Autumn leaf.




Young peaches and nectarines planted last winter 2011.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.