Saturday 19 December 2015

Cherry harvest December 15 2015

Cherry harvest December 19 2015
These photos were taken on the 15 of December, Sweet Georgia cherries.



 Our son Mark and myself in older Sweet Georgia trees.

This has been my 34th harvest so I know this moment is rare. We have had a purple patch with good weather in the past 18 days. 

I started here with my father and mother in 1981 he taught me how to grow cherries.




 What a good cherry these Sweet Georgia have been this season.





A Sweet Georgia branch


 Big Pete picking some Lapins


 Phillip from Germany picking Lapins

 Nicholas also from Germany, both hard at work and doing a great job.






My sister Keran has helped out in this harvest, Sweet Georgia cherries.



Keran my sister and Jenny in the fruit stall.


 Jenny hard at work in the fruit stall.


 This is the fruit we had to offer last weekend in the fruit stall.



Magnificent Gladioli in front of the fruit barn
 


We have had some good weather to harvest these cherries, as a grower you can only hope to harvest good fruit for your customers.
Best wishes to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.